We’re Committed to Taking Better Care of Mother Earth
And we’ve got the electrified vehicle lineup to prove it.
Greetings Fellow Earthlings! We’ve got big news.
Your friends at Toyota and Toyota Financial Services have been working on some very exciting plans and today, Earth Day, we’re telling you all about it. It’s pretty cool, even if we do say so ourselves.
Toyota and TFS are making a promise. It’s called “TOYOTA ENVIRONMENTAL CHALLENGE 2050.” Pretty catchy, isn’t it?
Check this out:
It means we are committed to moving toward carbon neutrality. That’s a term meaning that any carbon dioxide (CO2) released into the atmosphere from a company’s activities is balanced by an equivalent amount being removed. Carbon dioxide and other so-called ‘greenhouse gasses’ trap heat from escaping through Earth’s atmosphere, creating a hard-to-penetrate layer that traps heat like a greenhouse. The less carbon dioxide we humans create, the more we can slow – or even eventually halt – climate change.
We’ve got our plan in place and it’s time to get to work. Toyota Environmental Challenge 2050 started way back in 2015, with an ambitious idea: to be better, smarter and even more sustainable.
How? We’re so glad you asked. By 2050, Toyota and TFS will:
- Reduce CO2 emissions from new vehicles by 90 percent.
- Eliminate CO2 emissions from operations, suppliers and dealers.
- Conserve water and protect water resources.
- Support a recycling-based society.
- Conserve biodiversity, protect species and restore habitats.
Why? Because it’s not just about eliminating the negatives to our environment, it’s about creating positive impacts on the planet and society.
Toyota Financial Services is adding initiatives to the cause with:
- Paperless Billing, web and app-based account management capabilities. Click HERE to do your part and ditch the paper.
- SmartPath - a completely virtual tool for buying or leasing your Toyota. SmartPath makes researching, shopping for and even purchasing your new Toyota vehicle a seamless, easy experience. Be sure to peruse Toyota’s entire Electrified lineup: fuel cell, hybrid, plug-ins and battery electric.
There’s more. You can go Beyond Zero (this means not only reducing our carbon footprint to zero, but also going beyond, to create a net positive impact). With Toyota’s all-new, electric SUV, the bZ4X, sleek style, technology like wireless Apple CarPlay and a worry-free manufacturer-estimated driving range of more than 250 miles on a single charge, you can have it all - including a healthier planet. No matter your driving style, Toyota’s lineup of electrified vehicles brings you all the style and performance you desire. Together, we can push further than ever before toward a world that surpasses zero emissions. Join us, won’t you?
Information is not intended to provide financial, legal, or tax advice. Always consult the appropriate professional for your specific situation.