Mobile Device Application Consent to Electronic Communications and Agreements
Effective June 3, 2019
Before you agree to the terms, conditions and policies governing the use of the Toyota Financial Services and Lexus Financial Services ("TFS/LFS") Mobile Device Application (including, as applicable, the TFS and LFS branded versions of the downloadable application itself and all systems that support or are engaged by the downloadable application, the "Application") and the services that are available to TFS/LFS customers using the Application (the "Services"), we need to obtain your consent to the following terms (this "Consent"). This Consent applies to all accounts you currently have with us or that you may have with us in the future (individually each a "TFS/LFS account" and collectively "TFS/LFS accounts"). In this Consent, the words "I," "you" and "your" mean each customer on a TFS/LFS account; "we," "us" and "our" refer to TFS/LFS; and "Mobile Device" means each mobile device to which you download or may download the Application.
- Your Legal Rights Regarding Electronic Communications. Various laws require us to give you information in written paper form or to obtain your formal signed agreement or direction on certain matters. We may provide that information to you electronically or obtain your agreement or TFS/LFS account direction electronically, if we first give you this Consent to Electronic Communications and Agreements (this "Consent") and obtain your agreement to receive this Consent and other communications electronically and to enter into agreements and submit TFS/LFS account directions electronically.
- Joint Accounts. This Consent applies to each person or business named on your TFS/LFS account regardless of which account holder clicks or taps "Agree" or downloads the Application to their Mobile Device.
- Types of Electronic Communications you May Receive. We may send any of the following to you electronically by pushing the information to the Application or by sending it to you (or any one of you if you have a joint TFS/LFS account) by e-mail or text, as applicable: any notice, statement, record, agreement, preference, choice or other type of information that is provided to you in connection with your TFS/LFS accounts or the products and services offered by us or any other company in the Toyota, Lexus or Scion family of companies and any update to such information (each a "Communication," collectively, the "Communications"). Communications include, without limitation: our Mobile Device Account Services Agreement; the Mobile Device Application Policies and Agreements; this Consent; change-in-terms notices; fee and transaction information; TFS/LFS account notices and disclosures including those required by state or federal law such as the Truth- in-Lending Act, Truth-in-Leasing Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Electronic Fund Transfer Act or Gramm Leach Bliley Act; privacy notices and choices; marketing information and preferences; monthly or other periodic TFS/LFS account statements; identity authentication information; and TFS/LFS account modification agreements, directions and updates.
- Electronic Agreements and Updates. Any Communication that you accept or agree to electronically or any TFS/LFS account update you submit to us electronically will be enforceable without your signature on a paper form.
- Paper Communications. We will not be obligated to provide any Communication to you in paper form unless you specifically request us to do so. We may send Communications to you in paper form because we are legally required to do so or because we determine in our sole discretion that you should receive the Communication in paper rather than electronic form.
- Copies of Electronic Communications and Withdrawal of Consent. You may obtain a copy of any electronic Communication by writing or calling us. To withdraw this Consent, cease to use and delete all TFS and LFS branded versions of the Application from each of your Mobile Devices. Your withdrawal will not apply to any Communications we send you or any Communication that you accept or agree to electronically or any TFS/LFS account update you submit to us prior to the deletion of the Application from each of your Mobile Devices. This Consent shall remain in force until withdrawn and the withdrawal is effective as described in this section. Once the Application is deleted from each of your Mobile Devices, we cannot prevent you or any user of any of your Mobile Devices from subsequently downloading the Application to one or more of your Mobile Devices.
Copies of electronic Communications will be available for the period during which we retain your TFS/LFS account documentation. Write or call for copies of electronic Communications using the following contact information for your TFS/LFS account or such other contact information we may give you from time to time:
For Toyota Financial Services in the Continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii
For the current mailing address, go to toyotafinancial.com Manage Account, Account Details, Payment Mailing Address. 1-800-874-8822
For Lexus Financial Services in the Continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii
For the current mailing address, go to lexusfinancial.com, Manage Account, Account Details, Payment Mailing Address. 1-800-874-7050
For Toyota Financial Services or Lexus Financial Services in Puerto Rico
Toyota Credit de Puerto Rico Corp.
P.O. Box 366251
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00936-6251
- Termination by TFS/LFS. We may terminate your access to your TFS/LFS accounts on the Application, your ability to receive Communications electronically or some or all of the Services we deliver using the Application for any reason, including without limitation if you: refuse to agree to this Consent or any of the policies or terms and conditions applicable to the Application; refuse to agree to an amendment to this Consent or any of the policies or terms and conditions applicable to the Application; withdraw this Consent or your agreement to any of the policies or terms and conditions applicable to the Application; choose to receive Communications in paper or other non-electronic form; or if you violate any of the terms and conditions applicable to the Application or any of the Services, any of your TFS/LFS accounts, any of our websites or any of the account servicing functionality on any of our websites.
- Your Contact Information. You agree to provide us with your current email address and Mobile Device telephone number, if any, for electronic Communications we send to you using e-mail or text. We may offer you the opportunity to designate different e-mail addresses or Mobile Device telephone numbers to receive different types of electronic Communications. If your e-mail address or Mobile Device telephone number changes, you must send us a notice of the change. To notify us of a change to your e-mail address, log in to your TFS/LFS account at one of our websites, select My Profile from the top NAV, click the Edit button from the My Profile header, change your email address and click the Save button at least one day before the change takes effect. To change your Mobile Device telephone number, log in to your TFS/LFS account at one of our websites, select My Profile from the top NAV, click on the Address tab, click the Edit button from the Address header, change your Mobile Device telephone number and click the Save button at least two business days before the change takes effect. If you give us an incorrect email address or Mobile Device telephone number or fail to update or correct your email address or Mobile Device telephone number, an electronic Communication will be deemed provided to you if we use the email address or Mobile Device telephone number we have on record for you for that type of electronic Communication.
- Hardware and Software Requirements. In order to receive Communications electronically, enter into agreements with us electronically, submit TFS/LFS account updates to us electronically and to use the Services, you will need the following:
a. Mobile device with iOS 8 and onward or Android 6 and onward
b. Access to the internet
In addition to the above, you will need the following to receive Communications, via email or text messages:
- Via email: a functioning email account and a functioning email address.
- Via text message: a functioning wireless account able to accept, view and send text messages, including SMS text messages.
- Amendments to the Consent. We may amend (add to, delete or change) this Consent by providing you (or any one of you if you have a joint TFS/LFS account) with notice and opportunity to renew your consent as required by law.
- Licensed Application End User Agreement. When you downloaded the Application, you accepted a Licensed Application End User Agreement (the "EULA"). To the extent the EULA contradicts or conflicts with this Consent, any Communication or any other enforceable agreement between you and TFS or LFS (your "TFS/LFS Account Arrangements"), the terms of your TFS/LFS Account Arrangements will control. If any part of the EULA is not valid, that part will be interpreted according to the intent of you and us and the other parts of the EULA will remain valid.
- Toyota Financial Services and Lexus Financial Services. "Toyota Financial Services" and "Lexus Financial Services" mean Toyota Motor Credit Corporation, Toyota Motor Insurance Services, Inc., Toyota Lease Trust or Toyota Credit de Puerto Rico Corp. and or their respective subsidiaries and assignees depending on the identity of your creditor, lessor or product provider.