Upcoming Online Policies and Agreements Changes
Effective March 2019, our Online Policies and Agreements (“Agreements”) will be updated to include the following:
- "Toyota Financial Services" and "Lexus Financial Services" mean Toyota Motor Credit Corporation, Toyota Motor Insurance Services, Inc., Toyota Lease Trust or Toyota Credit de Puerto Rico Corp., and or their respective subsidiaries and assignees depending on the identity of your creditor, lessor or product provider.
- We may send you an email that contains a link to our affiliate website Toyota.com. A digital tracking code may be embedded in that link. When you click the link it allows us to track your activity and online movement.
- If you purchased a vehicle protection product(s) from our affiliate Toyota Motor Insurance Services, Inc. (“TMIS”), and with your consent, we will provide you the option to link products so that they display when you are logged into your account through the website or mobile app. We will only display protection products that you are actively enrolled in.
- On submission of an online credit application, if you have enabled location services on your mobile device, after obtaining your permission we may collect location information such as geolocation data from your device.
- We collect the following information about your computer or other device used to access the website: device platform, device version, device IP address and other device characteristics including your choice of settings such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Global Positioning System (“GPS”). We use the data we collect about your device to help authenticate you when you login, to help ensure you are able to use the website as intended, to perform analysis on web traffic or an aggregated bases and or to route traffic more efficiently. If you choose to submit an online credit application, with permission we collect device information that allows us to know your geolocation, if enabled on your device. Geolocation technology is only tied to your online credit application web experience. With the exception of that web experience, we do not ask you for, access or track any location based information from your mobile device while downloading or using our mobile applications or services.
Plano, Tex., September 12th Toyota Financial Services (TFS) announced it is offering payment relief options to its customers affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. This broad outreach includes any Toyota Financial Services (TFS) or Lexus Financial Services (LFS) customer.