Skip to menu Skip to main content Skip to banner Skip to content Skip to options Skip to campaign Skip to footer

I recently moved to another state. How do I change the license plate (title) and registration on the vehicle I leased through TFS?

Most states require that your vehicle be re-titled, and all states require that your vehicle be re-registered in your new state. Please contact your state or county titling authority to determine the specific requirements in your area. Let them know that you have a leased vehicle, and provide us with written information about your local titling authority's requirements.

Toyota Motor Credit Corporation (TMCC) or Toyota Lease Trust (TLT) must be listed as legal owner and/or lessor of the vehicle on all title and registration paperwork. You are responsible to pay all fees and expenses associated with this transaction.

If the vehicle must be re-titled, the state generally requires that the title-holder submit the original title in order to secure a new Certificate of Title. If TMCC or TLT holds the title, your local titling authority sends us (or provides you with) a request that TMCC forward the title to them. You also need a Power of Attorney to re-title your vehicle. Please contact us at the number below to request this document.

In case your local titling authority needs to contact us, here is the contact information to use:

Toyota Motor Credit Corporation
P.O. Box 105386
Atlanta, GA 30348-5386
Phone: 1-800-874-8822

Still need help?

Couldn't find the answer to your question? Don't worry, you can contact us for more information.