Skip to menu Skip to main content Skip to banner Skip to content Skip to options Skip to campaign Skip to footer

Am I eligible for benefits under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)? Who do I contact with to activate my benefits?

Generally, the provisions of the SCRA apply to active duty military personnel:

  • Army
  • Navy
  • Marine Corps
  • Air Force
  • Coast Guard
  • Public Health Officers detailed to the Army or Navy on active duty
  • Military reservists and guardsmen called to active duty

SCRA benefits vary. For example, some benefits only apply to servicemembers who enter into a lease or finance obligation prior to being called to active duty. SCRA benefits may also extend to the spouses and dependents of active duty military personnel.

To find out if you are eligible for benefits under the SCRA, contact the United States Armed Forces Legal Assistance office closest to you.

Still need help?

Couldn't find the answer to your question? Don't worry, you can contact us for more information.